Monday, October 6, 2014

Feel the Colors

Today in class we were asked to go outside and assign a color to an emotion we were feeling when we felt it with one of these 4 senses (touch, smell, hear, and see). This was really odd because I had never really thought about really feeling what it was like to be outside and to assign a color to what I felt. As we went outside, we all huddled near the trash cans out back as some guys called the people that didn't take the freight elevator idiots. I am kind of introverted so I didn't have much to say, so instead I started to try and figure out how I was feeling and looking through my box of 32 colored pencils trying to figure out what I was going to do. Feeling the air upon me which was being blown by the huge gray cloud that hovered over us, I began to feel cold, but the sky was still showing a bit and it was really blue. It was quite a sight. I decided to assign the color blue for my sense of sight and the emotion I felt was wonderlustful. I felt like I needed to travel and see more place. Then I snapped back into reality and continued on with the journey. After Hearing the wind blow through the trees, I decided to assign the color gray to it because of the clouds and they were the ones causing the wind. The emotion I felt was joyous because hearing the wind blow through the trees and plants made me really happy to be alive and enjoying the all the sounds nature has to offer. It made me want to explore various naturistic landscapes to get lost in their natural beauty. As everyone continued on the sidewalk, I stepped off and cut throught he grass and felt some nearby plants and flowers. They felt so soft and looked amazing. I felt like jumping in and rolling around in them because I'm crazy like that. That is why I assigned the emotion happy to it and after walking through the grass, decide to assing the color green to it. The last sense I had to use was smell, and after taking in a couple of whiffs of air, couldn't really smell anything because my sense of smell has been off a bit ever since an incident a while back. What I could only really smell was the dirt. I felt like it was right underneath my nose. I decided to apply the color brown because of that. The emotion I assigned to it was thoughtful because It made me think why I could only really smell somewhat pungent odors. Or was there something really wrong with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment