Monday, October 27, 2014

In between Identities

While sitting in class today, I was kind of upset because my sister was leaving to California. I was happy for her because she is following her dreams and they are taking her to where she wants to be, but sad because I was gonna miss having her around. After saying goodbye to her, I rushed back to class and came in late, which was the first time for me. I was kind of zoned out at first thinking about my sister and the midterm I think I didn't do my best on, but I decided to focus in class to distract my mind. From what I took away today was when we were talking about Identities. What does it mean? Many people around the classrom said what was on their minds, but it wasn't what I was thinking of at all. This one girl named Taylor then said exactly what I was thinking and I completely agreed. Its about who you are, and what makes you, you. After thinking about it, I began to wonder who I am. I went from being osvaldo to ozzy, which i feel created an alternate persona of me. That is who I have been for the past few years. I usually hate telling people my real name because ever since I was young, no one could pronounce it right and it embarassed the shit out of me. One of my friends made up the nickname ozzy because she didn't know how to pronounce it and it stuck. Nowadays, it doesnt even feel right to call myself that. I don't know who I am, but who I want to be is Osvaldo Ayala, maybe change it to Ozvaldo so people can call still call me Oz or ozzy for short and it would make sense. Either way, I need to stop being the illusion I am and start being the person I want to become.

No comments:

Post a Comment