Friday, October 24, 2014

Hours of Bliss

Taking 3 hours to have fun before working on something is a marvel idea. It lets you have fun and enjoy what you like to do while thinking of what you need to as well. With the Idea of working on my altered book of the self, I had 3 hours of fun while thinking about that in the back of my head. I came up with these obsticles that stand between me and my Ideal altered book of the self.

1. I can't make it interesting.

  • What if I tried to incorporate something meaningful that is universal to everyone?
  • What if I wrapped the covers in video tape as an ode to a past assignment?
  • What if I made it like a scrap book kind of?

2. I won't have time to do what I need to do to it.

  • What if I take an hour of each day to work on this book?
  • What if  I work on one page at a time?
  • What if I put everything im going to put in the book in a pile so i had everything i needed when i went to work on it?

3. I can't damage the book.

  • What if i managed to mangle the book?
  • What if i cut up some parts of the book?
  • What if i insert object into the book by cutting stuff out?

4. I can't make it interactive.

  • What if I tried to put in some interactive objects into the book?
  • What if the book interacted with me?
  • What if i found a way to digitize a part of the book?


5. It will just look like any other book.

  • What if I try to change it's outer appearance?
  • What if i glue some pages together to make it different?
  • What if I just put certain words on each page to express what I did that day in class?

After doing this assignment, I learned that more ideas and creativity come to you when you have had time to enjoy yourself and think.  The saying "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" is true for most of the zombie employees who work for boring companies that allow them to not have fun during work. If everyone had this rule executed in their workplace, we would all live in a better world.

No comments:

Post a Comment