Thursday, November 6, 2014

off the map

I struggle to write this today because no less than 12 hours ago, my car got broken into and my school bag was stolen, which had my laptop and other school supplies. That laptop had everything i needed for school, and just like that it's gone, right as the school semester end nears, i have just lost everything i had worked on and had been working  on. The flash drives that cost me nearly $250 are gone, along with my $1000 Mac book Pro. Its my fault for leaving my book bag in such plain sight for any thief to steal. Now I'm just left in a state of disbelief. Just as I was getting my school stuff together, this happens. I'm not sure how I am going to make it through the rest of the semester without all my stuff, but it will be a struggle and I won't go down without giving it my all. After all of this, i realized that most of what was my identity and who I am was on that laptop. Memories of places I had traveled and people I have seen were on there, All my video projects and videos were on there, everything that was me was on there, and just like that, its gone. I no longer have a library of photos to look at to reminisce about the past, I no longer have a library of video projects that I can work on. I basically have nothing. I just hate how you put so much of yourself into something and just like that it can be taken away. Its gone now, off the map. Its been only a few hours but I feel so empty without it, how could I let this happen? I guess its time to start a new chapter in my life and get another laptop to put my identity in. I just hope mine comes up sometime in the near future, until then, time to start allllllllllll over again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment