Monday, September 8, 2014

Color me confused

Something that stuck with me in class was the whole color book exercise we did. We had to begin coloring in our own books first. I had just ordered this coloring for adults coloring book online and I couldn't wait to start coloring it. It had many adult themes pages that were hilarious. As She told us to start coloring, my hands ripped open the color pencils that hadn't been touched since I bought them and plunged them towards the page and started coloring it vigorously. The First page was about coloring in different shades of adult colors, such as suspicious cold sore red, tanner stain orange, court-ordered urine sample yellow and bulimia green. That is the last one I got done coloring before she told us to stop. We then had to pass our coloring book over to the left and draw in their coloring book, but outside the lines. I got a picture from the Movie Up, which i love. It was a picture of the old man carrying the floating house with the little boy tied along with him. I decided to scribble different colors in a cloud on the balloons, making the look multicolored. This was a weird thing that I just randomly did and it turned out to be really neat. I then started making my own trees and scenery behind the picture when she said time was up. I can't believe some people were nervous about coloring in someone else's book, trying not to ruin their pictures, but what I thought of it as letting others see your creativity. I returned it and hoped that someone had done something creative in mine. I got it and found out they used a sharpie and I was upset because it bled through 2 pages, but I still liked the creative thought put into the picture. He had chosen a photo where you had to make a homeless man look rich by adding a top hat and tux and anything else to change his facade. He followed the rules, which is a no-no in creativity, but I liked that he changed his cup into a champagne glass. She then explained something that I will remember for the rest of my life. She basically summed up what college is. It's a place where you come so you can follow rules and become another cog in the machine that is society. I agreed with her, many people loose their creativity as they get older because they are just too busy to have time to be creative. I do not want to be one of those people. My creativity has survived this far into my life somehow and i want to finally let it free. I'm glad this class is helping me finally use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment